Monday, May 01, 2006

Bank holiday weekend...

So it's nearly 3 o'clock in the afternoon on Bank Holiday Monday. It's great not having to work, although waking up to discover that you broke the boiler the previous day when you touched it causing the control panel to drop off and the bleed valve for the heating circuit to empty water everywhere outside! After downloading the installation instructions and discovering how to refill the heating system up to the requisite temperature for the thing to work again, I was able to have a shower!

I've been on my third walk in three days. Each one was just around the block (approx. 70mins) taking in the sites of the prom and coming back past the golf course. Today, I may have even got some good pics of waves crashing against the sea wall... I'll check those out in a minute (see below for one of the better shots from today). Even though I wasn't down by the water I still got a little wet from the spray!

Other than my walks, it's been pretty quiet. I've now got a fully functional Zen Portable Media Center which is working great. I'm starting to get into podcasts and I think that they could be useful for keeping abreast of new technology. There's also the commandn.tv video podcast with the very hot presenter ;-)

My parents have gone away again... Switzerland this time... so we'll see what state the house is in when I pop back there tomorrow. I will be in Preston to watch The Towers of London at 53 Degrees with Pete. Should be good!

1 comment:

Ric said...

And I thought that only I found her attractive ;-)