Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Some good news!

I've finally started to receive good news about my network migration...

I today received several boxes of second-user thin client terminals (Compaq T20s) to replace all the machines in the sixth form ILC which simply refused to boot Thinstation (I think it's some wiered implementation of the embedded i810 graphics). I will also liberally scatter these around some of the other rooms.

Tomorrow, I should be receiving 30 brand spanking HP thin client terminals to replace the room of machines that refuse to allow Etherboot to run from the hard disk (God knows why this is!).

I've also heard good news about my new power supplies to the temporary and new server rooms so I will soon have a 50A supply for my UPS and I will be able to turn everything on!!! :)

To round things off nicely, I have found that my problem receiving email may not be at my end and Chris is going to be working with me next week to help me tweak and fine tune some stuff so that all will be completed! (Now I just have to get out of making Nedap cards)

1 comment:

Ric said...

Check edugeek.net - I think the prices are mentioned there ;)