Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Eagles of Death Metal @ The Manchester Academy

So... the long awaited Eagles of Death Metal gig was last Saturday at the Manchester Academy. I haven't been to the Academy before (only Academy 2) and I was impressed by the venue. Beer was cheapish (only £2.45 for a pint of Grolsch which is VERY cheap for a gig!) and the room was just the right size.

The support act was Mother Vulpine... a pretty heavy indie rock band comprising of a singer/guitarist, bassist who bounced around like Zebedee, a drummer and a female guitarist. I was quite impressed... their music was OK and the female guitarist wasn't too unppleasent on the eyes ;-)

Then the gig started proper and when EODM came one we bounced our way to about 5 rows from the front! It was great and everyone was having a good time! The only problem is that it was a little warm and cramped so I had to bounce back a couple of rows to try to cool down. My old age (of 25) meant I later had to go back further still as the sweat was still pouring off me!

EODM were fantastic and played a great set. It really was one of the best gigs I've been to in a while. Definately worth watching again!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Truly awesome gig - EODM are by far the best new(ish) band around, IMHO. If you like good old rock music in the style of the Stones you will like EODM.
Ric, you did get battered about a little. But not as much as Pete who almost lost his new specs in the melee!

Ric said...

I wasn't battered about... simply joining in with the fun and bouncing up and down.

Was a little warm mind for all that!

Caroline said...

Come on Ric, it was extremely violent! I hid towards the back - I'm too old for all that.