Saturday, April 15, 2006

Time for an update

I thought, since it's my birthday, it would be a good time to update my neglected blog!

A lot has happened since the last post. Not least, the replacement of my old system for a new Dell Dimension 9100. I know I hat Dells but this was too good to miss for the money - Pentium-D 3GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB hard disk and nVidia GeForce 9700 GTX!!!

The new machine works brilliantly and Doom 3 looks fantastic on it! I'm also able to run several virtual machines simultaneously too using VMWare.

I have also upgraded and added to my camera equipment. I now have an awesome Canon 75-300mm lens with an image stabiliser. This has allowed me to take some brilliant wildlife pictures (which I will soon post). Another upgrade is the Speedlite 420ex flash. This flash is great and has lots of switches, lights, tilting and swivelling bits, etc. I'll no doubt never use it to its full capacity but it should allow me to take some great pictures since it works with the camera to work out the flash timing.

I'll post more soon about what's been going on - along with the pictures of the frogs!!!

No comments: