Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Wonderful World of Driving

I took my car for its MOT today - £40 well spent!

Due to the LPG-ness of the car there is no emissions test so the test was done in double quick time. We then had to wait half an hour before the stupid computer system would accept the results from the test. I mean... the mechanic had enough time to make a phone call, have brew and perform half of the MOT checks on another car (including the emissions test).

Anyway all was well cos the car passed with flying colours - just need to spend £100-odd on tax plus get the cam-belt changed and a service done.

As if all this wawsn't bad enough, i received my new license today. The stupid medical boffins at the DVLA have now decided that a 3-year license wasn't short enough. Despite the fact that I haven't had any epilepsy-related problems for over 7-years, I now have to have a review of my license after a year!

No comments: